Dental implantalogy is in two methods: Immediate and deferred loading. The first is the insertion of temporary restoration in the place the implants are inserted. This allows the patient to resume immediately to their social and normal life, though they must be careful while chewing as after a short time only the final prostheses will be inserted.
Practicing immediate implantologie of the loading type using dedicated fixture may be possible only by an experienced implantologist. This is because it needs surgical technique level. In a deferred loading implantology, the implantologist creates a seat surgically to fit the new tooth in the patient’s bone using a series of bone drills to insert a dental implant. This requires at least 3 to 4 months of time for the lower arch and nearly 6 months for the upper arch before placing the prosthesis. However, in some cases resorting to immediate loading is possible even with deferred implants.
Implants have unlimited life, though the duration varies with the care that the patient gives to implants. Any inflammation that is post-operative due to incorrect use by the patient or due to smoking can be harmful.
Advantages of Dental Implants
The advantages to dental implants are many, including:
- Improved appearance. The advantage of dental implants is that they give your own teeth feel and this is because they fuse with bone and become permanent.
- Improved comfort. They become a part of you and so the implants completely eliminate the removable dentures discomfort.
- Improved speech. Dental implants offer confidence of speaking without the fear of teeth slipping. On the other hand the poor-fitting dentures can slip within your own mouth causing to slur your words or mumble, resulting in humiliation.
- Improved self-esteem. People considering dental implants are ensured back your smile and this gives a lot better feel.
- Improved Oral health. There is no need to reduce other teeth in dental implants as it is done in a tooth bridge. In this, the nearby teeth are not harmed and they are left intact. The individual implants improve oral hygiene offering easy access between teeth.
- Dental implants remove the embarrassing inconvenience of the removable dentures and can also avoid the messy adhesives that help in keeping the removable dentures in place.
- There is no doubt that implants are durable and lasts for years. In fact, many implants last for your lifetime with good care.